31 October 2013

The Tiger Box

Here is one of the latest commissions I finished in the last little while. Sorry I have been away from here for some time, things have been busy and life has a way of tying your hands up for a while. So this here is the Tiger box, it was a commission for a friend of mine as a birthday gift. It took me some time but in the end I feel it turned out better then even I could have expected!

















The pic on the left is an idea I had to help keep the box open when it needs to stay open. I made a small section to help store the prop stick when the box is closed. Later I plan on lining the bottom of the box with a peace of silk or soft fabric of some kind just to try and finish it on the inside as well as the out side of the box.

_____________________~_____________________
 
So here I started the wood burning on the Tiger and so far so good! Starting to look kinda awesome to me, we will see how it gos the more I get done on it and get more shading in.







<---------------------------
Close up on the tiger.








--------------------------->
Even closer!



 _____________________~_____________________

 


Here is the stages of the shading I went threw to get all the detail I wanted in it. So many hours of work, all of them well worth it in my opinion!
 




Getting the areas to the darkness that I want was harder then it looked! Took hours and hours of layers over and over to try and get that look.


No comments:

Post a Comment